Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Questions MSB V119 Battery Settings

Hi there - I have wired up my MPPT to the battery alone whilst I set up my battery parameters. I have input values for LIFEPO4 but when I set the D01 to lithium (04) the settings revert back to default. My questions are -

I can save the settings that I want if I leave it on lead acid (00) - is there any problem leaving it this way?

Is it possible to set the float charge to zero?

Alternatively - how do get the settings to change using the lithium setting?

Also is it possible to get the setting onto LIFE rather than LIPO?

Also can I change parameters within the App or is it just to monitor?

Regards Peter

Peter,

So,, a few things here

1) if you are running an inverter 24/7 and there is a load on the battery, I think you should leave the d04 setting to Lead acid.  You want the controller to to be a CC/CV mode. because when the battery is full. youll want the controllers to supply the inverter demand fromt he panels and not the batteries, unless you want to short cycle the LiFe all day long. If you change the controller to LiFe, then you  simply remove the CV portion of the controller and it should charge to max voltage and go directly to float and bypass the constant voltage portion of the charge phase.

no, it is not possible to set flat to 0

LIfe and Lipo should charge the same.

Yes, you can change the controller from tha app.. All setting are on the app.

I hope this helps

Thanks

sean

OK thanks again for the help - I was looking at 58V CV and 54.4 FV and leaving on PB setting - the rest of the settings I guess are pretty useless - I do not intend to run a load directly from the MPPT. My inverter has low voltage cut offs so no worries there. Sorry to sound over cautious but I am a DIYer hoping this little unit can deliver a decent charge to my LIFEPO4's that have been happily working between 48 - 54V but never quite getting to BMS balancing levels (not that they seem to need it at lower voltages) - that was my other query - am I safe leaving the BMS on the negative leg between the MPPT and battery?

"Yes, you want to run the load from the controllers when possible.  It doesn't matter where the current comes from, either Solar, or battery,, sometimes both.

Yes with the BMS.. you should always runa good bms when you can

Thanks

sean

Thanks to your help Sean - I am now up and running 😀

Very cloudy and V119 seems to be performing nicely

Probably another stupid question but if I lower the 60A parameter in the settings I assume that will reduce the maximum Amps the MPPT will send to the battery? I have my inverter restricted to 0.2C (30A) and began life with the eSmart set the same. But I am wondering if it is best letting the MPPT run to produce the maximum? Whats the general concensus?

Im not understanding what you mean , lower the 60A parameter in the setting..  The controller cant be regulated by amps.. If you put PV input of 2880 watts.. and you have a 48V system, your going to get 60 amps of current. the only wat to regulate that is the amountof Input PV.

Thanks

sean

Hi Sean - yes sorry - my error - the Amps setting cannot be changed in the parameters.

I have been up an running for about a week and the weather has been very mixed. The controller appears to produce well and I am very happy with the system. I am a little unsure about 2 things.

1) the blue toggle switch on the App - on / off - what exactly does that control - there is nothing in the manual?

2) I noticed that on a previous reply you said

"You want the controller to to be in CC/CV mode. because when the battery is full. you'll want the controllers to supply the inverter demand from the panels and not the batteries"

Does it pass from controller to inverter directly and bypasses the batteries - in this scenario would the production register on the ACC MPPT ENERGY?

I noticed that on a 10 hour sunny day I produced only a little more than on a cloudy day with only a few hours of sunshine. If the panels were feeding the inverter directly then this would explain it. Of course there are other variables/factors but I am just struggling to get my head around power bypassing the batteries when the inverter is only connected to the batteries?

Sorry if the questions are foolish and thanks again for the guidance

Peter